Welcome back after your holiday, during which I hope there was no labor involved. I’m especially revved-up after completing 15 new videos last week in Los Angeles with a cast of experts I’m confident you’ll enjoy—and learn a lot from, too.
What a day on August 29! After two hours’ sleep, I bounced up at 4 a.m.for the drive to LA, met my makeup artist, Toni Chiang at 6:30. My wonderful crew of five arrived at 7 a.m., championed by the creative and ultra-organized Justin Wolske of The Royal Institute for Picture Quality.
We shot first in Santa Monica, then headed to the Luxe Hotel, conveniently (not) at the junction of Sunset and the 405—with its legendary construction well underway, a.k.a. “Carmageddon.” Then it was on to the serene UCLA Sculpture Garden and finally, Lynda Huey’s Aquatic Sport Therapy, where we finished at 7 p.m.
Future Mind Your Body Episodes
Here’s who’s coming up on Mind Your Body TV—where we Build a Better Boomer.
1) Tanya Kormeili, MD, FAAD, board certified dermatologist and clinical professor at UCLA, practicing in Santa Monica. We learn the lowdown on new acne treatments, fillers, lasers and more.
2) Alina Krivitsky, DDS, diplomate, American Board of Periodontology and clinical assistant professor at USC School of Dentistry, practicing in Brentwood. We need our teeth and gums, and she helps us save them. Plus, we do a primer on implants.
3) Dia Dibble is a professional makeup artist to film and television, now helping women “just like us” know more about makeup—no brands involved here, just really solid advice.
4) Lori Ann Robinson is an image/fashion consultant who also excels at personal branding. She speaks “boomer” fluently and she’s funny.
5) Tina Tessina, PhD, Dr. Romance and a psychotherapist, self-help author and dating coach. You’ll be mesmerized, I promise—she tells it like it is.
6) Serena Scott Thomas is a certified ChiWalking and ChiRunning Instructor who’s much more. Her vibe and aura are magnetic, and she helps us hit the ground running—properly.
7) Sharon Palmer, RD knows nutrition and explains it to us in language we can understand, while motivating us to eat smarter. Her new book, “The Plant-Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today,” is a must-read. We really can incorporate more good foods into our diets. It’s just not that hard with her help.
8) Lynda Huey: A powerhouse of energy and knowledge, Huey pioneered water training with Olympic athletes, wrote four books on water exercise, and created aquatic therapy protocols for physical therapists. We’re workin’ out in the water and I can’t wait to show you.
Thanks so much for being a part of Mind Your Body TV.