Mind Your Body TV Episode 28 with Diana Lendzion.
As our skin “evolves,” so does the baby boomer way of wearing makeup. It’s not the same as it was “back then.” Bobbi Brown’s products are ideal for us baby boomers and they’re designed to keep things simple.
Brown is also a baby boomer and she’s got it right: She says all women are pretty and with correct makeup and makeup techniques, they are “pretty powerful.” This week’s video is a true “how to” with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics’ education executive Diana Lendzion. She shows us how easy it is to learn Brown’s “Makeup Facelift.” It’s an open invitation to pass up the pricey plastic surgery, at least for now. In this quick lesson, you’ll learn how to “freshen” your face: plump, brighten, pop and define. Remember that as we age, we lose certain definition and we want that back—along with other things that aren’t as easy to replace.
Your makeup facelift “freshens”
Try these makeup facelift tips from Brown, demonstrated in this video that you can put to good use in five minutes or less:
- Adding the right moisture can plump up our skin: Use Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream, Tinted Moisturizing Balm. On lips, try Brightening Lip Gloss. By the way, Brown does not recommend “enhancing” your lips with cosmetic surgery. You can work wonders with a good lip pencil and lip color applied so lines are not so obvious.
- The right concealer can brighten and alleviate that “tired” look: Use Tinted Eye Brightener.
- A cream blush will pop our cheeks with color: Use Pale Pink Powder Blush.
- Black eyeliner and black mascara, along with filling in brows, helps define the eyes. Use her Brow Pencils, Long-Wear Gel Liner.
- Then you’ll “finish,” as our video shows you here.
Skip the surgical facelift
In a January 2011 interview on NBC’s “Today,” Brown elaborated on her “keep it simple” philosophy, which starts with being comfortable with yourself. Smile, for you have no wrinkles on your teeth!
I hope this lesson on the makeup facelift helps simplify the mystique of makeup. Don’t miss our other video with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics here on Mind Your Body.
Take a peek at this interview with Brown in which she admits she’s written six books in a car, by hand, while commuting. Few would disagree that she’s written the book on makeup.