Mind Your Body TV Episode 16 with Jada Michaels.
You’ve already met lingerie guru Jada Michaels in this video on how to buy us baby boomer women the perfect lingerie. If your man picked up on that and you’d like to know more, I’m sneaking in another great educational piece with Jada, who’ll teach us about lingerie styles here. She shares secrets about what two essential lingerie pieces every mature woman must own.
As she’s told us before, lingerie communicates a woman’s sense of identity. Do not compare thyself to any other woman. Rather, savor the essence of being you with these essential pieces of lingerie:
- Corset: A waist-cincher, it’s tight, with boning, and usually features hooks and lace.
- Bustier: Corset-style (but not a corset), this adds padding and supports the female bust. It covers from bust to hip.
- Lingerie dresses: Just like they sound.
- BabyDoll: This short nightgown fits looser and is a bit more “open.”
- Chemise: Try this short, gown with a flowing look. It’s longer than a baby doll.
- Apron: Again, it’s more open, and it ties. (You know what an apron is!)
- Teddy: It’s a one-piece camisole and panty.
- Camisole: Wear with boy shorts (a.k.a, culotte shorty or hotpant).
- Pajamas: They’re the safest choice if your man is new to buying lingerie for you. See the gorgeous pair of “jammies” with Jada’s heart design that I wear in this video. I also now wear them at home, and they elicited this compliment: “Those pajamas are really cute.”